A piece of meadow, a bit of forests, little streams, cascades. You will encounter it all. Also you will cross two times the river ‘Le Borne’ by bridge.
The hike lasts approximately 1,5 hours and the level of difficulty is easy.
- Directly beside L’Horizon des Alpes you walk into ‘Impasse sous le champ’.
- After 100 m you will see at your right the sign ‘Beffay’. You follow this sign, go to the left and leave this road.
- The path indicates to cross the meadow and the forest.
- You will come to a hardened road. Here you go to the left and 150m further you cross the river 'Le Borne' by bridge. You will come to a
t-junction. Here you go to the left.
- You follow the hardened road till the end and you have ended up at an old farm. You go
along the front of this farm up across a meadow till the next house. You walk till the telephone pole just in front of the house. Here you walk
, across the yard, along the left side of this house and you will find the path.
- You cross a little bridge.
- You follow the path and after a few kilometers you will come to a t-junction. Here you go to the left ‘Route de l’église’.
- After 100 m you will cross a bridge across ‘Le Borne’ again.
- You will pass the church of Le Petit Bornand. This church is open frequently so you can take a look inside.
- Just after the second part of the cemetery of the church the road splits up in two. Take the left.
- You will come to a t-junction. Here you go to the left and after 100 m you will pass the sign ‘Saxias’.
- When you have passed the sign ‘Saxias’, you are 300m from L’Horizon des Alpes.